Walking is the most natural form of motion
Walking is the most space-saving, cost-effective and healthiest form of mobility. Nevertheless, walking does not enjoy a high priority in transport and mobility planning. Pedestrian areas are often misused and pedestrians are literally pushed to the curb.
There are many reasons to promote pedestrian-friendly areas:
- To promote environmental and energy efficiency.
- To encourage health exercise.
- To enhance the urban environment.
- To strengthen small businesses.
- To promote public safety.
- To improve social interaction.
- To enjoy a very good cost-benefit ratio.
Austrian Mobility Research designs advocacy campaigns to promote walking. We develop health and exercise programs for everyday use to create awareness of the various benefits that come with walking daily.